Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Out of The Fog

This morning I woke up at 8:30 to the sound of Charlotte crying in her room. I got up, started warming some milk up, grabbed a squeezey Apple sauce thingy  that she likes and headed up to her room, I then proceeded to change her and dress her , plopped her into her high chair and fed her breakfast, once we were done eating I administered her "Sleepy Juice (warm milk) and put her back into her crib and then I let the whiny dog out to pee, adminstered his morning drink of water and went back to bed (hopefully, you never know).

I awoke at 11:30 to the sound of Matt rolling around, and realized what time it was, my god! was the baby still sleeping?! Was the dog still content?! Must be, because the house was quiet. I lay in bed for a minute, marveling with amazement at my state of being in that moment. I was blissfully pain-free at that moment; I'd been fighting off a three day migraine up until this morning, when the weather changes significantly, I become plunged into headacheland for three days, it never fails. When I am in the migraine haze I can't focus on anything other than the pain, so I don't get much pleasure out of anything, but better yet, my handi work with Charlotte had earned Matt and I a nice sleep-in today!

I've been going through some kind of strange funk lately, feeling highly inadequate, as a wife, a mother and person in general, so, the fact that I was able to cater to my daughter'ss needs this morning, granting my over worked, tired husband some extra shut eye, without him having to do anything made me feel like a good mom and wife, finally! Maybe I'm getting the hang of this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment