Sunday, August 26, 2012

Dancing Queen

There is a video on my Facebook page from my wedding that brings tears to my eyes, primarily from laughing, my sister-In Law posted it, it is video of my extremely drunk Brother-In Law dancing to Crazy by Britteny Spears, I am in the background along with many of my friends. I watch this video frequently because it is so funny, it always puts me in a good mood. The last ime I watched it I almost cried, it was hard to watch myself dance around so easily, filled with so much ecstatic happiness. At one point I said to myself, I don't know if I'll ever be able to dance like that again,in fact, I wasn't sure I would ever be that happy again, well I snapped out of that miserable line of thought as I watched Charlotte steal her ball back from our new puppy and roll it to him, there are so many moments during the day when I experience that ecstatic joy, I just need to recognize the moments when I feel it, rather than focusing on the past and what ws. Because if I do that, I may never allow myself to feel that level of joy, and I firmly believe that I have many more moments of uber-happiness to experience in my life.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful, the phrase 'ecstatic joy.' May we all be paying attention to those moments in our lives and truly appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete