Friday, September 7, 2012

What to Say...

There is an interesting discussion going on on my Face book page, I started it, I admit, I asked my friends if they had any entertaining but ridiculous answers to the"What happened to you?!" Question I am occasionally greeted with by complete strangers when I'm out in public. My current favorite, which I thought up the other day is, " I was running with the bulls and tripped", but I am lacking the appropriate brusing to make that believeable, so, after many hilarious ideas and comments on how rude people are I hve settled on, "Oh, I just had a stroke, that's all." I feel it is important to be honest about what happened to me, because it is nothing to be ashamed of and at least my honest response can lead to further discussion, which only leads to more stroke awareness, because, I knew NOTHING about stroke before I had one and if my talking to some one about the signs of stroke and how it affects you could prevent someone' from becoming disbled because of a stroke, then my job is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment