Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Diaper Change:Fail

This morning I got up to the moaning and groaning of my little baby, so I dedcided to go ahead and change her diaper, this job usually falls into Matt's lap since I'm still not very quick or proficient at changing diapers, but I went ahead and did it anyway, why not? Well, I managed to clean the forest green poo off of her butt, but I managed to get it all over the changing table, changing a squirmy 6 month old's diaper when you're half awake with one hand is not a super easy task, sreating more work for Matt who heroically swoops in and cleans up after me when I make a big 'ol mess, so I went back to bed after apologozing profusely, and went over the events of the morning in my head. Normally an incident like this would plummet me into a downward spiral of self-doubt and sef-deprcation, but I didn't go that route this morning.I figure any failure is a little success, because, at least I tried at least I showed up. And with every failur, I am rwlearning how o do things and eventually I'll get it right.. S I am proud that I gave it the old college try and I feel good anouthat, so good, I did the dishes this morning, look who's doing stuff?!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! And you are right - you were there, that's what really counts.

    ReplyDelete