Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Fall

Somwthing good happened today. A many of you know, I take a daily walk around my backyard to practice balance and to become comfortable walking on uneven terrain. Lately I've been doing two laps around the edge of the yad, which is a decent distance, just to challenge myself.Normally after the first lap I am tired and I have to convince myself I have another lap in me.So, today, at the beginning of my second lap I was making my way up one of the smallish hills as I started to fall, normally I  panic and crash to the ground if I start to tip over but today I stayed calm and controlled the fall, ths means two things:1. I am getting more clear headed 2. My balance and strength are getting better, otherwise I wouldn't be able to control the fall the way I did and catch myself on the way down. Once I was on the ground, I sat on our crunchy, water deprived grass and considered my options. I as on a slope and I thought it would be best to schooch myself to even ground before attempting to get up. Normally when I'm getting upfrom the ground I need to pull myself up on something, like a chair or domething, I had nothing likr that near me, so I consodered calling for help for a second and told myself I was fully capable of getting up on my own and I did  and I finished my d=second lapp of the yard wothout incident. z\this event shows me that I am getting stronger and more confident in my abilities a red letter day if you ask me!

2 comments:

  1. I really love reading about your journey. It's such a valuable gift to be able to get a glimpse of what it's like from your perspective on things that I might take for granted. It reveals your immense strength of character. Go you, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I noticed this week end was that your having animated discussions, almost non-stop. It felt like Liz was back.
    It did my heart good to hear you again.

    Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete