Monday, July 9, 2012

The Phoenix

these past few days I've been working through some unresolved issues from my past and in doing this, I've been learning a lot about letting go. Last night I was really thinking about these things and what my life is today and I thought to myelf::" Self, you are exactly where you are supposed to be, your life is perfect the way it is, so I think it's time to forget about allof that over dramatic bullshit that happened forever ago and move on." And I did! And for the first time in years I let go of this thing I'd been clinging to for years, I felt free, calm and happy, today as I thought more about it, I realized that I've been clinging desperatelyonto who I was before the stroke, hoping that woman would magically reappear, but, he's not going to, because who I am now is who I have become through all of this and tonight I realized I am: a phoenix rising from the ashes of a brain injury and I gewt better and more comfortable with who I am today.It is time to stop waiting for someone to reappear who is not here anymore, it's time to get to know who is here now, she's pretty much the same as that other lady I've been waiting for.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, that was really powerful, Liz. Letting go of the past can be so hard. What a revelation; your last line.

    ReplyDelete