Friday, October 12, 2012

To Life

A year ago on October 10th, as I was turning 33, I was anxiously awaiting the pains that would signal my daughter's entrance into the world, little did I know her entrance would in a completley different manner than I expected. I tend to use my birthday as a time to reflect on the last year of life, to set new goals, last year I was wrapped in my expectation, wondering who this person was who kept shoving her butt into my ribs and wondering who this little person would turn me into, I wondered what my 34th birthday would be like as a mom.

Well, 34 came and went, I was as reflective, if not more than I usually am, but this year I was just happy to have made it to 34, as there was a chance I may not have. Mat and I visited Three West, so I had more to think about and as we drove through town, tears came to my eyes as I watched the beautiful fall colors slide by my window, I was so happy to be alive on that perfect autumn day, my daughter, who a year ago seemed so far way giggled in her car seat as I made faces at her, and I realized that, not only has this experience made me a stronger person, but a better one, I resolved to vut out the complaing anytime things aren't the way I want them to be, I also resolved to quit saying nasty things about myself, like calling myself retarded, fat and crooked.

It was probablt the best birthday I've had

No comments:

Post a Comment