Thursday, December 27, 2012

Credit Where it's Due

I had some very special visitors ta few days ago , my two cousins, Julia and Leah, I basically grew up with these two women Leah just got married a few months ago, I had to miss it, I was heart broken about that, I haven't seen her since she got married and I have't seen Julia since the stroke, most importantly Julia hadn't met Charlotte yet

In an effort to allow Matt a chance to sleep in I decided to get up and get Charlotte put together for her two guests. I was nervous about getting her dressed; If I were to say that the stroke took out what little self-confidence I had, that would be the understatement of the century. As I apprached Charlotte's changing table to pick out her outfit a million self-doubting thoughts flitted through my head, could I pick out something that wopuld match? I don't know what still fits, I can't get her shoes on by myself. But I stopped and told myself to shut the hell up, I am perfectly capable of dressing my 13-month-old. And I did! Shoes socks and everything! She looked cute too! It's like I'm turning into a real Mom or something.

I wendownstairs and proclaimed my accomplishment to my brother-In-Law and my friend, who both cheered for me, then later that day my bro-in-Law threw down another challenge for me: since we werehosying Christmas at his place he was more than a little stressed, so he had to run some errends to prepare, he asked me to wrap a present for him while he was out. My immediate thought was,"I can't wrap a present with one hand, is he crazy?" Well, jeeze, that's no way to go through life, is it? I was immediately annoyed withmyself for thinking that way. Wrapping presents has always been my favorite thing about this season, like hell I'm gonna give that up. So I wrapped the damn thing, it wasn't perfect, but it looked better than I thought it would be, so I've now decided that it's time for me to start giving myself a little credit instead of instantly assuming I' can't do something, because everytime I try something I think I can't do, I manage to accomplish it, go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment