Wednesday, March 14, 2012

OT& Presciption: Blog

Iwould like to apologize for the lack of posting as of late, I've been feeling quite uninspired lately and our internet has been down for a few days, but now I don't have the option of missing days, as I've managed to get my lovely speech therapist, Annie, hooked on the blog, it is now required homework and has been declared good for my recovery, On a different note, I found out today that Ihave eight visits left with my OT(Occupational Therapist,)SueOT focuses mainly on getting function back into the arm and hand, so being short on time with Sue is daunting as my arm is still pretty lifeless, so, on the way home, instead of burrowing myself into an abyss of worrying(something I've resolved to stop doing), about what happens if my visits end and my arm is still not working, I pulled myself up by the boot straps, something that has always been challenging for me an told myself:" Well, if that happens, you ask Sue what todo, keep doing the exercises, keep trying and never give up, your body will heal itself eventually.

I've also assigned an extra daily exercise to myself, I will be walking across my backyard without the cane once a day. It's challenging as ther are lots of little hills and dips snd tree roots, but I figure if I can learn to walk on different surfaces my walking will get bwtter, plus it feels so good to get outside and exerceise a bit, so I have plenty of hope for the future, after all, I have a lot to live for, so send a little prayer or good mojo yo my left arm, if you are so inclined, I would love for it to join the party at some point

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely hooked, Liz. You are doing such an outstanding job.

    ReplyDelete