Monday, January 2, 2012

strength

thef word strong has been thrown around a lot lately to describe me and I feel it would be less than honest of me to pretend I've been anything other than a whiny, pessimistic, self-pitying crybabythroughout this process On bad day Iwi lllgive into the darkness and give into all of the what ifs I am presented with. whatif Inever getbetter?whatif Charlotte is embarrassed of me due to my impairment? eventually I mange to talk myself off of the ledge and wind p feeling stupid for taking for granted all of the blessings that have been bestowed on me,someone sent me this quote and it gets met through my dark moods as I repeat it to myself:
"Promise me you will always remember thta t you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"-Christopher Robin to Pooh
ththr."oughout thi process

2 comments:

  1. oh, honey, i can't even imagine. you're an amazing lady, and i KNOW that things will be better, one way or another, with time. i think of you every day and know you'll be ok. and charlotte is gonna be the best little girl ever, and if she's ever embarrassed of you, i'm sure it'll be for all the normal mom reasons. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte will never be embarassed of you. She wll know all you went through for her to be ALIVE and will love you no matter what.
    Unless you force her to go jogging with you in matching teal and hot pink polyester jogging suits. Then I could understand the embarassment ;)

    ReplyDelete