Monday, June 25, 2012

Driving through My Past

When Matt and I have time to spare between appointments, we like to drive around town. I live in the city I went to college in, the city where our relationship began, so a drive through Kalamazoo is like taking a tour through my life, when we're doing this and we drive by the park we sat in on our first date, it's hard not to look back and think about how much better things were then, but today Matt reminded me that we are better off now. Back then I was pretty (very) self absorbed and insecure, this whole experience has made me into a better person and our relationship is better now, plus we have Charlotte, who makes the sun shine, so as tempted as I am at times to glorify the past it's good to have someone remind me how good the present is, I'll tell ya'll the love story eventually since our anniversary is coming up!

2 comments: