Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rcovery

Now that things have started to normalize around here and my life feels a bit more mangeable and easier, I've been thinking a lot about what recovery means. Is there an end point where someone walks up to me with a plque and say,"Congratulations! You are now recovered!"?Maybe it's all a state of mind, I'm recovered when Ibelieve I am and I know I have a long way to go and a lot of improvements to make, improvements I WILL make! I am able to do things today that I could barely do five months ago like get my left leg onto the leg rest of my wheelchair without help, I can walk around without my cane. I could, if  didn't know better, declare myself recovered, but I refuse to rest on my laurels at this point whe I know I have so much  more improving to do. Complacency will end this ourney and that's not happening til I do post about the day I go jogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment