Thursday, June 7, 2012

memory

I think it's been pretty obvious that this has been a tough week for me, I think my frustration over my altered memory bubbled over and I believe that is why.

I've always had a good short-term memory, A skill I think I picked up due to the fact that I've been memorizing scripts since the age of nine. So the fact that I can barely remember something I did two minutes ago, let alone remember to shut a door behind me is distressing. Today my OT at the University clinic worked on some memory stuff with me at the beginning of the session she had me hide three items, a cup a spoon and a Hershey's Kiss around the room and I was going to have to find them again at the end of the session, I know this sounds easy, but for me not so much, this is difficult because I wouldn't be able to continue thinking about where I hid said objects while I was doing other things, so basically it was a true memory exercise and I found everything on my own. We also played a memory matching game, which I did ok, and I did a round on a Simon Says, yes the 80's toy! It a remarkably good tool to have when trying to improve memory, let me tell you!

1 comment:

  1. Simon Says! A blast from the past. It sounds like it was over all an encouraging session. Thank you for describing the things you are doing in therapy, it is very interesting. Keep up the good work, Liz.

    ReplyDelete