Tuesday, June 5, 2012

pep Talk

Needless to say, I have good days and bad ones. I don't really know what came over me last night, but once I posted that entry I immediatly felt bad about. I don't want the tone of the blog to be self-pity and that's what it was, so I got in the shower and as I let the water rinse off the bad attitude, I gave myself a little pep talk. I reminded myself that I had worked my butt off to get to the good place I was in before my stroke and Itold myself that I fully intend to do the same again.I said to myself, "Self, I thought we decided that even though we're different now that the changes are good ones." "Yeah, Iguess." I sullenly responded"So what's the problem?" "I asked myself"I dunno" I responded, shuffling my feet on the ground. I think what it comes down to is this, I feel like such a different person, I feel like I don't fit  in my own skin anymore, I even sound different, but this isn't the first time in my life that I've felt that way, so I know I can feel comfortable with myself again, just like everything else, it's just gonna take some time, luckily I'm stubborn enough to not let this stop me from doing what I want to do. So, sorry, 'bout the pity oparty, guys

1 comment:

  1. Talking about your feelings isn't a pity party, Liz! It's okay! You don't have to be positive 100% of the time. Even when you are feeling down, your old friend (hope) will help you find your way out of it. This is a safe place, your place, where you can talk about when you are feeling up or down, whether you are frustrated or elated with your progress. I encourage you to keep sharing all your feelings, on each end of the spectrum. That is what makes your writing so real - you are authentic.

    ReplyDelete