Monday, June 4, 2012

self-confidence:fail.

The thing that has taken the biggest beating due to the stroke is most certainly my self-confidence. I no longer feel as smart, witty or attractivre as I used to. I try to remind myself of everything I've accomplished thus far when I'm feeling this way. but everytime I misplace something important because I wasn't paying close attention to what I was doing I feel like an even bigger dolt. I try to hold my head up high when I'm out in public because I have nothing to be ashamed of, in fact, I think I've handled this thing a whole thing lot better than I think a lot of people would, but all I have to do every night is think about all of the things I did today that seven months ago I didn't think I would ever do again; Work, stand for 40 minutes, continue working on my training project at work, hold my baby while standing and walking, coirrectly answer a customer's question, remember a frequent customer's name. So all in all, I'm not doing badly at all, I just feel so disconnected from the headstrong, smart, intelligent and important person I used to be, I have to constantly remind myself that I will be all of those things again.

1 comment:

  1. I think grieving the way things were is surely normal and probably healthy, Liz. You are so strong - I really believe, from reading your writing, that you will come out the other side of this huge challenge with even MORE self-confidence than you had before. And it will be so much harder-earned than before. You will be even more beautiful and amazing, because you keep finding ways to not give up or give in.

    ReplyDelete