Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mind Control

"Don't believe everything you think". Seems to be a phrase that keeps creeping into my life lately, It came up in my Free Will Astrology horoscope for the week, and I've seen it a couple of times on Facebook, I also think someone said it to me early in the week, now when something like this starts happening to me, I tend to pay attention, I take it as a wake up call from the universe, "Hey, lady! Everything you think about yourself is not neccesarialy true! S stop believing all of the BS self-doubt that makes it's way into your noggin once in awhile!" I think it's no secret to anyone who knows me or anyone who has been reading this blog consistently, I tend to be pretty hard on myself when I'm not achieving the things I think I should have achieved by now. I hold myself to a pretty high standard and I hold everyone else to that standard as well, my problem is that I tend to look at the other stroke patients that are rehabing with me and compare my progress to theirs, "He can move his affected arm" or "she can walk at a normal pace" But this can be self-defeating and I have to constantly remind myself thay every stroke is different, so everyone heals in different way,  this past week I've done my best to banish these kind of thoughts or any self-defeating mindsets from my concsiouness. I usually counter it by reminding myself how much stronger   I am now compared to how I was a few months ago. I think part of this recovery process is gaining control of what worms its way into my brain, and not allowing any self-foubt, fear or lack of confidence to stand in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment