Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Way T Explain

For a long time now I've been trying to figure out way to explainwhat happened to me to Charlotte without making her feel like it was her fault. Today I found a way. A local Kalamazoo woman who had a stroke after her son was born wrote a children's book called"Momma, Just Shake It", she had a book gning today at the university clinic, the book clearly explains what a stroke is and how it affects the body, I spoke to her riefly and she said she wrote the book for people like myself and her, because there are books that explain grandparent's stroke but not parent's, I am so thankful to have had te opportunity to speak with her, it is always great to talk to other stroke survivors, there is a comfort and understanding there that I can't find and I am so thankful that I now have a way to tell Charlotte my story in a way that tells her that I still love her and that she is my strength through all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment